In collaboration with eleven partnering universities, the SoAR Foundation is pleased to announce that “Retaking the Field: Empowering Agricultural Sciences for Health” will be released on November 2, 2017. The report tells stories about exciting advances and innovative research in the zoonotics, nutrition, and food safety from: Colorado State University, Cornell University, Iowa State University, Michigan State University, North Carolina A&T State University, Pennsylvania State University, Purdue University, Texas A&M University, University of California Davis, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Wisconsin-Madison. This report is the third in the “Retaking the Field” series, which is part of SoAR’s broader education and advocacy to encourage additional federal support for food and agricultural research.
Please join us on November 2, 2017 for Congressional briefings.
· 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Senate Briefing; Location: Senate Agriculture Committee Hearing Room, Senate Russell 328A
· 2:30 - 3:30 PM: House Briefing; Location: House Agriculture Committee Hearing Room, 1301 Longworth House Office Building.
We are very pleased that the following researchers will be presenting:
· Robert Hutkins, Ph.D., Khem Shahani Professor of Food Science, University of Nebraska
· Bradley P. Marks, Ph.D., P.E., Professor; Biosystems Engineering, Michigan State University
· Melha Mellata, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Iowa State University
· Carmen I. Moraru, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Food Science, Cornell University