The SoAR Foundation is hiring for the following role:
Director of Development
As the Director of Development for the SoAR Foundation, you will create and implement a development and fundraising program to advance the mission of SoAR. You will have the opportunity to showcase your entrepreneurial mindset and leadership skills as you build the development function from the ground up. Your success will power SoAR’s thought leadership, storytelling, and advocacy goals.
The Supporters of Agricultural Research (SoAR) Foundation is 501(c)(3) nonprofit that champions food and agricultural research. We are dedicated to our mission of increasing public investments in agricultural research for sustainable, thriving farms and a food-secure world. Together with our partners we are working to develop the solutions farmers need to sustainably produce safe, nutritious food for the world’s growing population. To continue working to solve the challenges facing the global food system we need someone to help grow our organization.
This new position is a perfect fit for someone who is an ambitious builder with a bias towards action, results driven, able to work independently and within a collaborative environment, curious, and loves celebrating successes.
What you bring
- 7+ years of experience in development.
- A demonstrated record of success in a similar role with a focus on major gifts, private foundation grants, government grants, and corporate partnerships/sponsorships.
- Self-sufficiency and self-motivation. It is also a role that requires collaboration with the Board of Directors, so you must be able to gracefully receive input and feedback.
- Excellent communication skills, someone who understands how to frame a vision in a clear, concise, and compelling way. You must also have exceptional interpersonal skills.
What you will do
- Lead the creation and execution of a multi-year, strategic and sustainable development plan.
- Build and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects, and cultivate, solicit and close major gifts from foundation, corporate, government, and individual donors.
- Manage all fundraising activities, including grant writing, corporate partnerships/sponsorships, and fundraising events.
- Collaborate with the President and Board of Directors to identify opportunities and engage them as appropriate in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship processes.
- Promote the SoAR Foundation to raise awareness of and support for the mission of the organization.
Pay range: $125,000 - $145,000
We also offer generous paid time off, flexibility, and the ability to work from anywhere!
SoAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com